In a recent post Mary Lu Tyndale shared some great tips on creating a hero. Here
1) Pray and decide on a theme for the book, some moral lesson you want to express through the story. Make it a great take away--forgiveness, redemption, destiny, loving others, humility.
2) Choose a personality for your hero. You can use the many personality charts
3) Give him a backstory. Write his history. Interview him.
4) Create a character arc and a spiritual arc for him. How does he grow? What does he learn? How do you get him from A to B?
5) Look for a picture of the man you've created and keep it close by as you write.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving and a great time creating a hero!